Communication is hard work. It is so easy to just do lip service. To just go through a conversation only half listening, giving it 10% and doing just enough to get by. Sometimes that is fine, but really we should give every conversation our best shot.
I am not sure how much Facebook has helped in this area. FB makes it easy to just give a quick reply, like something, and just move on. When we truly care about others we should give more time then that. I wonder too if having too many “friends” makes it hard to give 100% to the true friends we have.
I do think Facebook can be a good thing, but I would like to use it in a way that shows I truly care about others, the dear friends I have. Perhaps that is what I will be working on this new year.
No comments:
Post a Comment