Saturday, December 31, 2011

Beginnings and Endings

The end of a year always makes me retrospective. Perhaps this year could be summed up by wins and losses. I felt the losses more keenly then ever before. But that made the joys just that more sweeter.

Some of the joys, were seeing one of my dearest friends get married and getting to be a part of that day. Finding out that one of my friends became engaged. Celebrating my brother’s graduation from law school and being at his swearing in ceremony. You really have no idea how proud of him I am. Enjoying the sun and the sand, on some crazy fun beach trips. Seeing all three Lord of the Rings movies –extended edition- on the big screen in June. Oh so amazing, and intense! Reading Harry Potter for the first time. I will never forget how that felt. Lastly, but perhaps the most important, finding a church community that I can be a part of. I have no idea how long I will be there, but to feel like you belong is a great joy.

Those were some of the joys from this year, but there were also losses. Some so personal, I cannot write it here. But I think the losses I felt most were the friendships. I lost some friendships, others they just changed for better or worse. Even that can truly be tough for me. Change, when not welcomed, can be a loss, and I felt that most keenly this year. But, as the new year comes, I am reminded how God can truly make all things new. That even in the sorrows, God can bring good. I don’t know what this next year holds, but I my only prayer is, that God uses the wins and the losses, in whatever way he sees fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment